Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Relaxing Weekend

This past weekend Erin and I took it easy and just stayed at home. It was very nice to be able to sleep in and hang out with the Walsh's. Plus I was coming down with a head cold, so this weekend was perfect to just just rest. But it was a little disappointing that we did not have the Internet. Do not worry we survived!

Chris and Phillip (and his girlfriend) came this weekend. It was a nice full house! It was very nice to see them again and get to know them better. The two of them are so funny and make everything very entertaining!

Erin and I walked into town on Saturday to look around at some shops. We did not buy anything, except some books at the book store, but we had a very nice lunch at a small cafe in town. It was nice being able to enjoy Listowel and just walk around during the day. I am usually to tired by the end of the school day or things are closed. Then Saturday night, Chris, Abigail, Lisa, Erin and myself went to see the movie "August Rush." What an amazing movie!!!! I loved it and Erin and I ended up going again on Sunday, HAHA.

On Sunday, we went to the Christian Fellowship Center with the Walsh's. This was like mass. I was very glad we were able to go with them to see how they praise God, because it is different than going to mass at a Catholic Church. We were very welcomed there and it was a very nice morning and early afternoon.

Now its back to teaching! Including this week I only have 3 more weeks left! I cannot believe it. I am having a great time with this group of 1st, 2nd and 5th years. They are very good students and I find myself coming up with activities that I created that still follow along with the book. At the end of the week I am having my 1st Years make their own math problems out of what they find in the paper or a magazine. I really hope they enjoy it because I am excited about it.

No comments: